WHAT IS KITTING?
Kitting is a process where materials are assembled into a preassembled kit that is designed to increase manufacturing performance. This increases the efficiency of the manufacturing process and cuts company overhead due to faster assembly times and a decrease in warehouse storage. Our kits are custom made to maximize efficiency based on your needs and production methods. All kits undergo a quality inspection process which ensures that there are no hiccups in the manufacturing process. Kitting is the perfect option for any company that wants to decrease costs and increase efficiency. We are the premier kitting source in Michigan.
- Kitting is a method to purchase finished component packaging.
- Purchased parts are shipped from the suppliers to a Kitting source (Korten).
The kitter will place the component parts into kit trays.
- Assembled kits trays are shipped to the customer manufacturing or assembly plants.
- Kit trays are placed on an assembly pallet fixture.
- Empty kit trays are shipped back to the kitter to be washed and refilled/reassembled.